Re: Httpd to triger heartbeat

From: Stratos Misinezis
Subject: Re: Httpd to triger heartbeat
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 17:03:19 +0200

That is brilliant.
With the configuration lines you send me

set daemon  5
set logfile syslog
set httpd port 2812 address 127.0.0.1 allow monit:monit
set mailserver my.mail.server
set alert address@hidden

check process httpd with pidfile /var/run/httpd.pid
 start program = "/etc/init.d/httpd start"
 stop program  = "/etc/init.d/httpd stop"

check device rootfs with path /
 if space usage > 99% then alert
 if inode usage > 99% then alert

 THE MONIT WORKS FINE......
I placed the lines you send me on monitrc file and bingo....
So the one left now is to figure out how if httpd fails on one node
with heartbeat how to stop heartbeat if httpd does not start
again...in order the other node to take over....

but still now thanks