Re: Odd monit configuration help...

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: Odd monit configuration help...
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 00:06:55 +0100

On Wed, 2004-11-03 at 22:16, Christopher P. Lindsey wrote:

> I'd say your best bet is to use service-specific configuration
> files shared across all servers, like one for ntpd, one for sendmail,
> etc.
>
> Then you could write a quick script to create /etc/monitrc before starting
> monit.  So if the server detects that it needs to run ntpd and sendmail,
> it might generate a monitrc file that looks like
>
>    INCLUDE "/usr/local/etc/monit/sendmail.monitrc"
>    INCLUDE "/usr/local/etc/monit/ntpd.monitrc"

That was a clever suggestion! As far as I can see this is a fine
workaround. If Mark or anyone else does write such a script and it's
general enough it would be highly appreciated if it was shared with the
rest of the mailing list and we would absolutely consider adding it to
monit's contrib directory.

w.r.
Jan-Henrik