Re: monit-4.4-beta3 status display

From: John Barton
Subject: Re: monit-4.4-beta3 status display
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 18:53:51 -0500 (CDT)

If it is going to be put on the TODO list for later, I would like to
fine-tune my request a bit:

1.) Add a 'monit summary' command to display what was previously available
in 'monit status', specifically just a list of services and current state,
without extra info

2.) NEW - Add a 'monit status name' command to show the detailed status of
a specific process, much the same way you can toggle monitoring per
process. I guess to fit the current model, it would be 'monit status all'
and 'monit status name'

The information provided by the new 'monit status' is very valuable,
especially to me because I do not use the browser based interface on a
regular basis. The only problem is I am monitoring so many aspects of my
system that the output scrolls over several screens and is somewhat
difficult to locate the information I need quickly.

Thanks again,
-John

John Barton
Specialized Tech Solutions, LLC