Re: monit-4.4-beta3 status display

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: monit-4.4-beta3 status display
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 21:56:57 +0200

This shouldn't be problem.

I though about another way - we can either:

1.) add new command 'monit summary' as you recommended

2.) or display long status in debug mode only:
- 'monit status'    ... short status
- 'monit -v status' ... long status

I'm not sure what optin is better - the 'summary' approach is clear, the '-v' option makes sense too, but it is possibly not so obvious.

What do you think?

John Barton wrote:
I really like the ability to get detailed status information at the
command line as is available in 4.4-beta3, but this is a lot of info to
sort through if you just want to get a quick overview to make sure that
everything is working (multiple screens for me). Is it possible to add a
'monit summary' or something similar that will give the old 'status' view
and just show what is running and what isnt?

Regards,
-John

John Barton
Specialized Tech Solutions, LLC