Different startup time from polling time?

From: Tom O'Brien
Subject: Different startup time from polling time?
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 14:46:11 -0400

Hi all:
A configuration question that I hope there is an easy answer for. I have a
service that I'm monitoring with monit that has very slow load time.
However, I'd like to do fairly frequent monitoring of the service once it is
initialized--it's critical to start that long load time again as soon as
possible! I'd like to have separate initialize timeouts from polling
intervals.

I'd like to be able to say:
        If service just started
                Do not poll for 300 seconds
        Else
                Poll every 60 seconds

Is this possible to do in v4.3 of monit? If not, I think it would be a good
addition for future releases. :-)

Thanks, and keep up the great work!
Tom.