New monit install, too many open files, Solaris 9

From: Kevin Sheen
Subject: New monit install, too many open files, Solaris 9
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 09:37:27 -0400

Hi,

I downloaded and installed monit 4.4-beta2 last night to monitor a small web
server that I have.  It runs Solaris 9.  I started with just a minimum .monitrc
in order to check on the httpd process.  It worked for about 8 or 9 hours and
then this started showing up in the syslog:

Aug 24 05:59:33 www monit[12563]: [ID 702911 daemon.error] monit: Error opening
the pidfile '/usr/local/apache2/logs/httpd.pid' -- Too many open files

Any thoughts on if this might be a beta release issue?  I looked at the mailing
list archives and didn't see any 'too many open files' for the past several
months.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Kevin