Re: Pinging more than one host?

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: Pinging more than one host?
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 12:07:41 +0200

As Christian said this cannot be done without changing the monit
code. However if this is a problem for maintenance only you can just
disable monitoring of the hosts during maintainance and remember to
re-enable it again when finish. This can be done fairly easy using a
script such as the one drafted here;

..
case $1 in
umonitor)
  GET http://admin:monit@<openbsd-server>:2812/sybase?OPENBSD-server=unmonitor
  GET http://admin:monit@<nas-server>:2812/sybase?NAS-server=unmonitor
  ;;
monitor)
  GET http://admin:monit@<openbsd-server>:2812/sybase?OPENBSD-server=monitor
  GET http://admin:monit@<nas-server>:2812/sybase?NAS-server=monitor
  ;;
*) echo "Usage: ...";
   exit 1;;
esac

Ps. Using a script such as the one above is probably easiest, but you
can also use m/monit to do it from a web-interface and handle both
servers from this interface (see
http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/mmonit/mmonit_status2.gif and you can
download m/monit here http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/dist/mmonit/)

--