clamd+monit

From: Rich
Subject: clamd+monit
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 21:03:15 +1000

Hello,

I'm trying to setup monit to watch clamd mem usage, below's my monit script
;

check process clamd with pidfile /var/run/clamd.pid
    start program = "/usr/local/bin/clamdctl start"
    stop program  = "/usr/local/bin/clamdctl stop"
    if mem > 50 MB then restart
    alert address@hidden

However, while watching mem usage, monit triggers the restart even top only
reports 16MB of mem usage;
I want monit to prevent clamd to eat mem resource not more than 50 MB, did I
miss something on my script above?

I'm running monit-4.3.

Thanks for the very nice program.

Regards,