Re: monit with tomcat, PID problem

From: Rory Toma
Subject: Re: monit with tomcat, PID problem
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 14:07:59 -0700

We had this problem with postgres. It turned out they were using `pidof` to find the pid and write the pid file in the startup script. If this is the case with tomcat, you can work around this.

Now that I think about it, you can work around it in the startup script by sleeping the appropriate amount of time and then writing out a correct pid to the pid file.