Re: Monit version 4.1.1

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Monit version 4.1.1
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 19:04:55 +0100

Hi,

you can use send/expect statements - you only need to add authentication to the header:

Authorization: Basic STRING

... where "STRING" is "user:password" encoded by base64

Example:

 if failed host www.sol.no port 80
    send "GET / HTTP/1.0\r\nAuthorization: Basic STRING\r\n\r\n"
    expect "HTTP/[0-9\.]{3} 200 .*\r\n"
    then alert

You can use multiple send/expect statements, another example (taken from monit documentation):

 if failed host cave.arabia.baz port 4040
    send "Open, Sesame!\r\n"
    expect "Please enter the cave\r\n"
    send "Shut, Sesame!\r\n"
    expect "See you later [A-Za-z ]+\r\n"
    then restart

Cheers,
Martin

Ma. Isabel Reolon wrote:
Hello:

I am making the first tests using this software tool and I was wondering if you could help me answering this question:

I would like to check a web application in order to see if it behaves as expected not just seeing if the service actually responds.

The problem is that I would like to give a user name and a password and see if the service responds authenticating the user...

Any idea of how this could be accomplished ?

Thanks,

Best regards,

Isabel Reolón Álvarez

Soporte Basis y DB