Re: Only one restart?

From: Andreas Rust
Subject: Re: Only one restart?
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 11:50:47 +0100

<offtopic>

Hello,

I am just curious on this ...

> stunnel is forwarding access to localhost:81 to an https server. Now, for
> some
> reason it can be that the configuration file is not valid (that's okay,
> too)
> and stunnel will not start. So far, so good.

Why exactly is a http/https request passed to localhost:81 using stunnel ???
Are there any advantages, or what is that used for ?

I am currently setting up another weird apache configuration and we pass
some requests using mod_proxy and mod_rewrite to several servers.

stunnel seems a little resource unfriendly, or ?

</offtopic>

l8r

    Andreas Rust     -   webnova GmbH
    address@hidden  -   www.webnova.de