Re: starting order

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: starting order
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 19:01:13 +0100

GVB <address@hidden> writes:

> I am running monit 4.1.1 with about 10 or so processes in my config.
>
> How does monit go about starting processes:
>
> If there are no dependencies, will it start each process in the
> order they are in the config file?  Does it start more than one
> process at a time?

If no dependencies is used monit will start processes sequentially,
(one process at the time) in the reverse order they was written in the
monitrc file. To see the start-order for yourself, simply run monit in
verbose mode with; monit -Iv (don't do this in production, since it
generates lots of output)

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland