Re: Q about running external scripts

From: Whit Blauvelt
Subject: Re: Q about running external scripts
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 12:56:34 -0500

Okay, the main problem I was having with the kill script was that the perms
weren't letting monit run it, and then monit was taking a long time to time
out on that - and asking monit to do other things from the command line
while it's timing out apparently just isn't safe and can get monit into
quite a confused state.

So it was a silly mistake on my part (although I had had the perms right on
the version of the kill script I was testing yesterday - so that was some
other problem yet to be diagnosed). But it was a silly mistake that seems to
run up against a part of monit's code that's not robust yet, maybe. I was
able to duplicate monit's confused state there in a few more runs, too.

Whit