Re: proposal: xml status output

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: proposal: xml status output
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 07:33:09 +0100

Christian Hopp <address@hidden> writes:

> What about building a parser using REs or perl REs?  REs are anyways
> already in.

This is a very good idea Christian, because we know the XML format
apriori there really is no need to use an XML parser for this. Heck,
you could get far using our home-brewed starts_with() function :-)

Apropos the XML format, anyone want to give this a stab? As I wrote
before, something ala this (incomplete) example should do the trick:

<Monit uptime="28h 12m">

    <Service type="process">
         <name>apache</name>
         <status>up</status>
         <monitored>yes</monitored>
    </Service>

    <Service type="host">
         <name>ftp.redhat.com</name>
         <status>down</status>
         <monitored>no</monitored>
    </Service>

</Monit>

Ps. I'm a bit occupied with a) moving a system into an embedded Linux
platform and b) writing up the m/monit system (Ops! it will probably
take a bit longer than expected. As Jamie Zawinski used to say, "So
much to do, so little time".)

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland