[Announce] monit 4.1 released

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: [Announce] monit 4.1 released
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 14:11:49 +0100

The monit team is pleased to announce the release of monit 4.1.

Download from:  http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/dist/
Change log:     http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/dist/CHANGES.txt
Checksum:       dd43941901a066bb530adf11b4266e82  monit-4.1.tar.gz

This is a feature and bugfix release. The most important changes in
this release is the availability of a remote host ping test, a general
protocol test based on send/expect strings and alert limitation.
Please consult the Change log for more information.

To get a quick overview of some of the features in this release,
please check out the online flash presentation at:

              http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/monit.swf

Some Notes

If you are using a previous monit release we really recommend that you
upgrade to this release. The release contains important bug fixes for
previous releases and many new features. This release is tested on
Solaris, Linux and FreeBSD.

Packaged distributions will be available later from:

        http://savannah.gnu.org/download/monit/monit.pkg/4.1/

Please visit our web pages for more information and documentation and
to hear sound clips of the monit working dog.

                   http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/

Finally, a big thank you to ALL who have contributed work and time to
create this release. A special thanks goes to the monit team; Martin,
Christian, Rory and myself :)