Re: start and stop process by monit

From: Martin
Subject: Re: start and stop process by monit
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 08:55:39 +0200

It is very dangerous to kill process which is not stopping within constant
timeframe - in the case of database which is for example handling logs you can
cause lot of problems (at minimum as soon as you will attempt to start it in
the future, you will wait for recovery to finish, which can take very long) =>
i think it should be optional and that it is sufficient to kill the process in
stop method if the user wish it.

-1 for adding killing the process from monit

Martin