heartbeat and monit v4

From: Marco Bisioli
Subject: heartbeat and monit v4
Date: 30 Sep 2003 01:47:42 +0200

hi!
I'm experimenting with monit and heartbeat as described in the howto
(with nice failback), I have the following problem (for the moment I
solved it using a ramdisk):
1) the active node fails, the second takes over
2) after a reboot, the failed node comes back, monit looks at the state
file and starts all the services (even manual ones) as they were running
before failure. This way services are running on both nodes (=problem).
I simply put the state file on ramdisk so that state is "reset" between
reboots.
Is there a better way to do this?

thanks
 Marco