Re: multiple monit instances running.

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: multiple monit instances running.
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 03:09:51 +0200

"Peter Holdaway" <address@hidden> writes:

> While monit status seems to work, most other things including the
> httpd do not.
>
>   When I try and reload monit ...
>
> address@hidden $ monit reload
> Reinitializing monit daemon
> monit: No daemon process found

I think there is only one explanation for this, monit must have
aborted (dumped core) when you did a reload which may (or may not)
explain the other strange monit processes you can see via ps.

The problem is, I cannot reproduce this on my Linux box, reload works
fine (also by stress testing, doing a wakeup and then reload, e.g.:
monit && monit reload). Can others reproduce problem this on Solaris?

A couple of things have changed in the CVS and you may want to do a
cvs update and try again. If the problem remains, it would be very
interesting if you could do a strace on monit and post the log file
(only the relevant parts, it's going to be long :) so we hopefully can
see what the problem is. If you get a core file, it could be
interesting for us to do a post-mortem debug using the core file as
well.

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland