Re: FYI: about the latest monit-general mail rush

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: FYI: about the latest monit-general mail rush
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 19:38:45 +0200

Jan-Henrik Haukeland wrote:

Seems like the old mailman system at savannah.gnu.org had a hiccup and
sent lots of old buffered mails to this mailing list. It's partly my
mistake since I accepted an administrative request from mailman
without looking to closesly at the messages. Sorry, it want happen again.

Btw. i saw one interesting hint - one of users requested possibility to set monit httpd access for specific network, instead of explicitly name all hosts (which is his case).

I think it could be good to implement it - i though about CIDR notation, so if you want for example set class B network, you will write 'allow 192.168.0.0/16', etc. It allows to set subnets (like for example top quarter of C: 'allow 192.168.1.192/26')

What do you think?