Re: SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.

From: Igor Homyakov
Subject: Re: SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 11:03:27 +0400

Ok. i have 2 linux servers.

OS: ALT Linux Master 2.2 (http://altlinux.com)

kernel-2.4.18-alt8-up (Xeon, 512Mb, IDE RAID)
glibc-2.2.6-alt0.7

kernel-2.4.20-alt5-smp (PIIx2, 512Mb, SCSI HDD)
glibc-2.2.6-alt0.6

monit from CVS builded on my desktop with gcc-3.2.1

When i run monit through valgrind (memory debuger) monit running
without SIGSERV.

$ sudo valgrind -v --leak-check=yes \
  ./monit -c /etc/monitrc >run.log 2>&1
$ sudo valgrind -v --leak-check=yes \
  ./monit -c /etc/monitrc validate >validate.log 2>&1
$ sudo valgrind -v --leak-check=yes \
  ./monit -c /etc/monitrc quit >quit.log 2>&1

** log attached ***

I also got SIGSEGV if running monit without gdb.

Need you core dump ?

* Jan-Henrik Haukeland <hauk @ tildeslash . com> [030522 03:38]: