Re: Misc monit questions

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Misc monit questions
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 09:23:19 +0200

arthur.chereau wrote:

1) "ps aux | grep monit" gives me 3 monit processes (inittab contains only one
monit
invocation). Is that the normal behavior ?

It is normal if monit is runned with httpd support (monit threads).

2) My monitrc is in /etc/monit/monitrc. Is it possible to tell monit where it
is at
compile time ? (typing -c /etc/monit/monitrc is boring)

No, it isn't possible. Monit looks for configuration file only in home of the user, current working directory or /etc.

I think it could be possible to allow specification of monit control file in the compile time. What the other developers think?

Cheers,
Martin Pala