Re: checksum errors

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: checksum errors
Date: 04 Mar 2003 01:55:25 +0100

address@hidden writes:

> i recently upgraded my apache installation.  as a result (i think) i keep
> receiving messages from monit that tell me apache has a checksum error.
>
> is there anyway to tell monit to recalculate the checksums?

Yes, just start monit again (if you have the latest version of monit
you can even do: monit reload), or if you use an expect statement like

 checksum /usr/bin/httpd expect 8f7f419955cefa0b33a2ba316cba3659

simply use md5sum to reclaculate the expect checksum string and
replace it in monitrc.

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland