Re: MONIT Startup

From: Russell Adams
Subject: Re: MONIT Startup
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 16:53:42 -0600

I think this may have been caused by how I was debugging.

I was running monit -vI and watching the output while I was testing
the startup/shutdown issues. If I ^C'ed the running monit, it killed
cron with SIGTERM.

Before I ran strace on them, I moved monit to run from inittab, and
then repeated the same steps from there. Watching both cron and monit
with strace, I manually killed monit and cron did not die.

It was definately related to how I was debugging.

Oh, and I'm running Gentoo of course. I've just finished the ebuild
for monit 3.2 and am about to submit it. ;]

Thanks anyway.

Russell