Re: MONIT Startup

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: MONIT Startup
Date: 19 Feb 2003 22:27:07 +0100

Russell Adams <address@hidden> writes:

> Then I kill monit... And cron disappears? Its not a direct child
> process accoring to 'ps axf', so why wouldn't cron be left running?

Indeed, why?

> This bothers me

This bothers me also, because it should not and does not happen. That
is; I cannot reproduce this on my system, RH 7.3. monit starts crond
and when I stop monit, crond is still running as it should.

Are you sure this is not some weird coincidence or does it happen each
time? If so, what kind of system are you using? and can you send us a
strace output with the *relevant* info. You can read more about strace
debugging in the FAQ:

               http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/faq.html

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland