Re: rebooting

From: Christian Hopp
Subject: Re: rebooting
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 14:32:54 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 5 Dec 2002, Shannon E. Reall wrote:

(...)

> Also, we are always sent 2 messages when a processes is restarted.  The
> timeout message is sent after the restart message which does not make
> sense to me.  Do I have something set-up wrong in the config file.
>
> Messages:
> Subject: monit alert -- ns-slapd restarted
> Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 07:00:11 -0400
>
> Subject: monit alert -- ns-slapd timed out
> Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 07:01:12 -0400
>
> Entry in monitrc:
> check ypldapd with pidfile /var/run/ypldapd.pid
> timeout(1,2)
> start program = "/etc/init.d/ypldapd start"
> stop program = "/etc/init.d/ypldapd stop"
> alert address@hidden on { timeout }
> alert address@hidden on { restart }

It is quite easy.  If you do a "timeout(n,m)" it means that the
timeout situation occurs as soon as a service restarts n times in m
cycles.  Thus, if n is 1 the timeout must happen m cycles after a
single timeout.  You should set n>2 that it makes sense.

Christian

--
Christian Hopp                                email: address@hidden
Institut für Elektrische Informationstechnik             fon: +49-5323-72-2113