RE: feature request

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: RE: feature request
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 01:11:49 +0100

> [mailto:address@hidden Behalf Of Igor Homyakov
>
> On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 01:15:29AM +0100, Jan-Henrik Haukeland wrote:
> > Igor Homyakov <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > > - add 'proto' support for unix sockets some daemons (mysql) may use
> > > both PF_UNIX and (or) PF_INET sockets
>
> > It is correct that unix sockets in monit only support the AF_UNIX
> > protocol family.
>
> Keyword 'protocol'
>
> like this:
>      unix /var/lib/drweb/run/sock proto drweb  # Antivirus software
>      unix /var/lib/mysql/run/sock proto mysql

Aha, to say it in russian, "Spasiba, chas, Ja Panemajo" :) But this is already
implemented. (See
http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/monit.html#connection_testing)

Except we haven't a mysql protocol test implementation, but it would be great
if we had one. As I said earlier I do not use mysql myself, but maybe you,
Igor, or someone else on this list could create a protocol test following the
guidelines  explained in this document:
http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/monit/monit/protocols/NOTES?rev=1.2&con
tent-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup  we would be more than happy to include it in
monit.

Jan-Henrik