Re: feature request

From: Christian Hopp
Subject: Re: feature request
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 10:22:15 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 14 Nov 2002, Igor Homyakov wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 01:15:29AM +0100, Jan-Henrik Haukeland wrote:
> > Igor Homyakov <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > > - add 'proto' support for unix sockets some daemons (mysql) may use
> > > both PF_UNIX and (or) PF_INET sockets
>
> > It is correct that unix sockets in monit only support the AF_UNIX
> > protocol family.
>
> Keyword 'protocol'
>
> like this:
>      unix /var/lib/drweb/run/sock proto drweb  # Antivirus software
>      unix /var/lib/mysql/run/sock proto mysql

We don't support the 'protocol' statement for unix-sockets, because we
don't have any 'protocol'-handlers, yet, which make any use for them.

I have tried to play around with mysql... but the only thing what has
happened so far is that it has kicked my out with after a while with
"too many host errors".  But exactly these errors are common and we
have to be able to handle them.  Unfortunately I don't really
understand the protocol of mysql... by peeking in it's source code.
Unfortunately it's also not practical using mysql's library for
checking.  The methods of it are not usable with monit's checking
structure.  We will see...!

What I wanted to say is... as soon as we also have 'protocols' which
make sense to be used with unix sockets we can include them.

Christian

--
Christian Hopp                                email: address@hidden
Institut für Elektrische Informationstechnik             fon: +49-5323-72-2113