Re: feature request

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: feature request
Date: 07 Nov 2002 01:15:29 +0100

Igor Homyakov <address@hidden> writes:

> - add 'proto' support for unix sockets some daemons (mysql) may use
> both PF_UNIX and (or) PF_INET sockets

It is correct that unix sockets in monit only support the AF_UNIX
protocol family.

I didn't even know that you could use AF_INET on a Unix socket!? On my
system, running 'man (7) unix' state that the protocol family always
is AF_UNIX (or the Posix name, AF_LOCAL). Are you sure that mysql are
using AF_INET on a unix domain socket and not a TCP socket with
AF_INET?

Apropos speaking about mysql, anyone know the protocol handshake? It
would be nice to have a monit protocol test for mysql. I usually use
the tcpmon[1] utility from the Jakarta Axis project to sniff out TCP
based protocols but I do not use mysql (I'm a sybase man myself).

[1]
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/~checkout~/xml-axis/java/docs/user-guide.html#tcpmon

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland