Re: Monit and (Open)AFS

From: Rory Toma
Subject: Re: Monit and (Open)AFS
Date: 04 Nov 2002 16:55:16 -0800

Yes, you are correct. If you have an openafs client and server, and the
server has to be running for the client to work (and the client has to
be restarted if the server dies - maybe using RPC or something) then
you'll be able to:

check AFSserver with /var/run/AFSserver.pid
start program = "foo start"
stop program = "foo stop"
depend AFSclient

check AFSclient with /var/run/AFSclient.pid
start program = "bar start"
stop program = "bar stop"

This means that everytime that AFSserver starts, stops or restarts, it
will stop AFSclient, and restart it after AFS server starts.