[HTTP]:error "running" link

From: Izquierdo, Raul
Subject: [HTTP]:error "running" link
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 18:02:59 +0200

Izquierdo, Raul" <address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>>
writes:
         Hi, I installed monit 2.5 in a linux cluster and it works Ok.=20> I
seen the new monit version 3.0 and I installed it on a Solaris 8> Sun Ultra
T1. All goes well, but when I click on the "running" link to > access to see
the monit process status (_runtime) it show the following> error
message:>=20> While trying to retrieve the URL:>
<<http://10.124.16.32:2812/_runtime>>=20 > The following error was
encountered:=20> * Connection Failed=20>=20> After this messages appears, I
can=B4t access to any page> because monit process is stopped. I must restart
monit.

Looks like a SIGSEGV bug that kills the monit daemon. Not much codewas added
between version 2.5 to 3.0 for the runtime status, so thisis a bit strange,
but the problem should be easy to locate. Could youpost your monitrc file
and how you start monit to this mailing list?And if you get a monit core
file (probably in /core) could you makethis available via an url for
downloading so we can debug what'scausing the bug.--=20
Jan-Henrik Haukeland

        Hi, I've proved 3.0 version at linux and there is not problem with
runtime status.

        It doesn't seems a version problem. I installed monit  2.5 in
several Sun Solaris 8 Machines (netra T1, T1125) and the process is also
killed when I click on the runtime link. Could it be posible that it
happends because it is not compatible  with Solaris 8 version. I've seen
that the package is on tildeslash web for Solaris 7.

        The unique difference with linux installation is that I installed a
new bison version 1.35 because 1.34 and before needed libiconv and make
doesn't worked without it.

        This is the monitrc file:

                 <<monitrc.txt>>

        I've seen in the /core file the following message at Solaris
machine:

         580  A/_runtime
   581  pe: text/html
   582  %.0H
   583  1922
   584  SunOS
   585  24999
   586  tmpfs
   587  24999
   588  3898
   589  ntime HTTP/1.0
   590  0OeZ
   591  0K:6
   592  0IK-
   593  0Od}
   594  0I~l
   595  0Ov#
   596  0IKw
   597  0Ovz
   598  0Iv8
   599  _signotifywait(): bad return; exiting process
   600  stacktrace:
   601  0123456789abcdef
   602  got signal while tempbound
   603  0N$N
   604  0OyT
   605  0Od.
   606  0LKB
   607  0NT;
   608  0NT`
   609  0O|]
   610  0OSt
   611  0OR|
   612  0Ox_
   613  0N?+
   614  0N#-
   615  0OeP
   616  0N_e
   617  0OE;
   618  0ON(
   619  0OC9
   620  0O{%
   621  0Ook
   622  /var/adm/utmpx
   623  abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ0123456789._
   624  Qank
   625  /usr/lib/libnsl.so

Best regards,
Raul Izquierdo.