Re: toggle feature

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: toggle feature
Date: 27 Sep 2002 14:39:41 +0200

Martin Pala <address@hidden> writes:

> Rory Toma wrote:
>
> >I'm thinking of adding a toggle feature to monit. This feature would set
> >do_validate by hand, thus allowing you to interactively turn off
> >checking. This can be useful when you have monit and a misbehaving
> >server, or general debugging.
> >
> >Does anyone think this is useful?
> >

> Yeah - maybe it will be useful - for example when you will upgrade
> some service and you will need reload it => monit will potentialy
> detect fake failure and possibly can try to start it in the moment,
> where it can cause problems. In such event can be useful to have
> possibility to stop monitoring such service before upgrade and start
> monitoring after it again.

Isn't it easier to, stop monit - upgrade - start monit :-) Anyway I do
not think a this is a general useful feature.

BTW, Rory, what happend to refactoring of the start/stop files, if I'm
not mistaken (which happens) it looks like the start/stop functions
was just moved into a new file instead of the announced removing of
the redundant code?

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland