monit

From: Eduard San Anselmo
Subject: monit
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 16:39:11 +0200

Hello again. This message is intended to be for Jan-Henrik Haukeland.
I don't know if you were asking me where I had read about monit seriously, or just joking (I must admit I'm a newbie in the Linux world and there's still a lot to learn). Anyway, I said I am on my final degree project (Telecommunications Engineering in Spain) and I have to work on something related with networ security as well as network management (making sure the services are running), and a friend of mine told me about MONIT, because it could cover some aspects of the project, so I skimmed your web and must admit I was really impressed by what I could read, and I'm thinking of using MONIT among other tools for my project: that's why I wanted to know if I could monitor programs as well as services, because the servers I'm supposed to monitor also have programs that act as services, but don't behave like them. I'm really interested in MONIT, and even though I think I can help in very little (don't know much about programming languages), just let me know if there's something I can do.
Thanks for your patience.