[Patch] Yet another version of resource/process observation support

From: Christian Hopp
Subject: [Patch] Yet another version of resource/process observation support
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 17:46:45 +0200 (CEST)

Hi!

Changelog since last dist:

1) Bugfixes

2) New resources: loadavg(1min), loadavg(5min), loadavg(15min), e.g.:

check foo-inet with pidfile /tmp/foo.pid
    start program = "/bin/true"
    stop program = "/bin/true"
    group foo
    port 12349
    alert address@hidden
    if memusage == 10.0 for 2 cycles then restart
    if memkbyte greater than 1000 for 2 cycles then alert
    cpuusage < 10.0 3 alert
    cpuusage < 20.0 alert
    loadavg (1min )  > 0.5 3 alert
    loadavg( 5 m )    > 0.4 3 alert
    loadavg ( 15 min) > 0.3 3 alert

  The example doesn't do much sense but that's how the syntax looks
  like right now.

3) IGNORE action removed

4) Testing with Linux and Solaris (both sparc) continued and
   successful

New Quirks since last dist:

1) The web output on Linux and Solaris differ, I don't know why...
   on Linux there is a wide table on Solaris a narrow one.

It works quite well right now, but still I would advise everyone...
"Don't use it a home!" (-:

Bye,

Christian

--
Christian Hopp                                email: address@hidden
Institut für Elektrische Informationstechnik             fon: +49-5323-72-2113