Re: [CVS] unix socket support added

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: [CVS] unix socket support added
Date: 01 Aug 2002 16:53:04 +0200

Actually I'm -1 for changing the pidfile location code since I haven't
seen any good arguments for doing this?

The pidfile is used as a lock file to prevent concurrent runs of a
monit daemon. The pidfile is something used internally by monit and
not an important concern for the user. It works good with the current
compact code and with a defined pidfile location.

Adding a set pidfile statement to monit does not add anything new for
the user only to the config file :)

Martin Pala <address@hidden> writes:

> 2.) keep current code (with little modifications do so it still can
> detect PIDPATH) and extend parser to work with 'set pidfile PATH'. If
> pidfile wasn't explicitly specified (=> 'set pidfile PATH' isn't
> defined), it can use default values specified in header files +
> detected path)

Subsidiary I'm +1 for this suggestion by Martin

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland