Re: Wierd monit/sshd interaction

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Wierd monit/sshd interaction
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 00:10:23 +0200

Hi,

tried to reproduce this failure, but on redhat 7.3 it works good.

I think that your problem could be in umask (maybe system-wide), while in
strace it seems all good. Agent socket is created under correct user with
correct mode and the only reason why bind() can fail is, that the parent
directory created by:

  mkdir("/tmp/ssh-XXJ6demX", 0700)

under which bind() tries to create named socket:

  bind(10, {sin_family=AF_UNIX, path="/tmp/ssh-XXJ6demX/agent.23332"}, 110)
= -1 EACCES (Permission denied)

 has other mode then requested => one or more of RWX rights are umasked when
started under monit. Maybe your root user has other (non-default) umask - it
can be the cause of this strange behavior.

Greetings,
Martin