Re: Wierd monit/sshd interaction

From: Mark Ferlatte
Subject: Re: Wierd monit/sshd interaction
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 14:52:34 -0700

On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 10:52:56PM +0200, Martin Pala wrote (1.00):
> it is strange - maybe the problem could be in sshd. Can you attach output
> from monits strace as described in FAQ or strace of sshd in the time of
> start as outlined bellow?

I've narrowed the problem down even more... if the user has ForwardAgent
no, then it works fine.  I've attached an strace of monit restarting
sshd, and me attempting to connect (since strace appears to trace
children, no need for the second trace).  sshd's PID is 23318, and you
can see that it fails to bind to /tmp/ssh-XXJ6demX/agent.23332, which
causes the (admittedly very poor) error message to be returned to the
client.

What it doesn't explain, however, is why this happens only when monit
starts sshd...

Trace attached.