patch for parsing of arguments used in the start start/stop programs mod

From: Martin Pala
Subject: patch for parsing of arguments used in the start start/stop programs modification
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 16:42:30 +0200

Hi,

i've uploaded on CVS patch for support ARGMAX arguments for start/stop programs (ARGMAX is constant defined in monitor.h.in). By default 10 arguments are allowed (it should be maybe more by default ?). If the start/stop program defines more then this limit, monit will write error to the log and the spawned child will exit.

I choosed this implementation while it is more simple (i think) in comparision with dynamic allocation of argument field and fit the purpose of executing start/stop commands from monitrc. If support for more arguments will be required, it must be changed ARGMAX value and monit must be recompiled.

If it wouldn't be sufficient, i can rewrite it to dynamic form (dynamic reallocation of **A field if there will be more arguments then fit to the default).

I think that this code could be sufficient to mark schedule number 7 of next release as complete (?)

Cheers,