Solaris packages [was Re: PACKAGES and packagers]

From: Christian Hopp
Subject: Solaris packages [was Re: PACKAGES and packagers]
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 15:04:25 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 15 Jul 2002, Christian Hopp wrote:

Hi again!

> (...)
> > > i dont have anything ready right away..
> > >
> > If so, please, remember this;)
>
> I have a script.  It should work for Solaris 7+ and i386/sparc.  I am
> writing a short README.solaris and I will mail all this today.  Then I
> have also a new package up with all that stuff (also an init script)
> included.

I have a new version of the Solaris 7 package online.  Unfortunately I had
to chage the link in order to add some data (Sorry, Leppo that you
have to change it again, I haven't thought of something permanent.):

http://www.iei.tu-clausthal.de/misc-stuff/admin-filez/monit/

There you find:
   monit-2.5-sol7-sparc-local.pkg.gz      Solaris 7/Sparc package
   monit-2.5-sol7-sparc-local.pkg.gz.md5  md5 sum of the package
   README.solaris                         guess what

It now includes also the README.solaris and an example of an init
script for monit under solaris.

I have attached the README file, init script and my package generation
script (it should work for most Solarises).  Could please someone put
the stuff in the cvs for "contrib/packages/solaris/" .

Bye,

C.Hopp

--
Christian Hopp                                email: address@hidden
Institut für Elektrische Informationstechnik             fon: +49-5323-72-2113