Re: Plans for the next release

From: Jani Mikkonen
Subject: Re: Plans for the next release
Date: 02 Jul 2002 16:26:31 +0300

> Yes, I thought about this, but if we can get away with having the
> NOTIFY program do this it's probably better? You know me, Mr. "Keep it
> as simple as possible for it to work"

Well, feature wise, what Martin suggested would be better but, i wouldnt
judge out your way either. I initially thought it same as you did so it
would be general, thus, coding related to it would be small compared to
making native snmp and/or sql logging or what ever user wants because
all these can be done in few lines of perl code..

> Hey, this is a pretty good suggestion!  BTW what is COMMUNITY?  (I'm
> not a sys. admin. you know, but a former pencil neck CTO and now a
> management consultant, IRL :)

its part of snmp protocol authentication..

> DB logging is probably to proprietary we would have to create
> something like JDBC then :)

Well, native snmp might make sense, but not the db thing, atleast to me.

--
 +-"-"-------] Drag me, drop me, treat me like an object!