Re: The multi interface code

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: The multi interface code
Date: 01 Jul 2002 23:38:35 +0200

Rory Toma <address@hidden> writes:

> > Not if you do not bind to the loopback device. But the fix is easy as
> > you can see in the code, at least for ip/hostname strings.
>
> Oh. I knew that and thought it the correct behaviour.

Nope it's not correct. The correct behavior is for this to work.
(localhost was hardcoded into the connect string, this was okay when
monit listened on all devices but not now.)

> Did you leave in the code to bind to interface by name? That to me is
> more important, and I can probably do without multiple indivudual
> interfaces if I have that interface by name code.

No, since the code was sort of mutually exclusive. But the new code
support IPv4 and IPv6 strings as well as hostnames.

> It would be easy to dump the strtok (see what I get for reading man
> pages...) if more parsing was done inside p.y.

Yep, I allready did that, unfortunately I throw the code away, but I
think I can reproduce it if you will need it.

> However, if we're not going to have it, I'll just maintain this part
> in my local copy and be done with it.

I would prefer that

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland