mlview-hacking

Re: [Mlview-hacking] patch : migration from gnomedialog to GtkDialog and

From: Dodji Seketeli
Subject: Re: [Mlview-hacking] patch : migration from gnomedialog to GtkDialog and update from gtk_type_unique to g_type_register_static
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 22:20:56 +0200

Hi Fabrice,

I started looking at the patch and obviously I cannot apply it
using the "patch" program.
Can you please resend a patch in a proper "patch-friendly" format ?

To know how to do this, please,
do "man patch", go to the end of the man page and read
the "Note for patch senders" paragraph. They show you how to
make "patch" friendly patches.

Roughly said, what you should do is: (I assume you have made changes
agains the CVS HEAD version).
1/save the initial source version in a directory called HEAD. I will call this
source tree the "initial source tree"
2/let's say you have done your modifications on a copy of the
"initial source tree" wich is in a directory called "MODIFIED". Assume
also that HEAD and MODIFIED are themselves in the same
directory wich is called "src"
Now, cd into src.
3/issue the command diff --exclude=CVS -Naur HEAD MODIFIED > mlview.patch

Then, when you send the patch, please tell me the command you issued
to build the patch. This can save me some time when applying the
patch.

I am sorry to make you run into this hassle, but this is the
way I think things should go.

Best regards,

Dodji.