mlview-hacking

Re: [Mlview-hacking] RPM .spec file

From: dodji seketeli
Subject: Re: [Mlview-hacking] RPM .spec file
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 10:46:20 +0100 (CET)

Hi Pierre.

Important things first: "THANK YOU".

I will check that up asap. I was thinking about
dealing
with mlview packaging but i have not had the time
to do it. Your contribution is welcomed !!!
I will test it and integrate in the current dev branch
(cvs branch name:  rc-0-0-2-2001W46D2, wich stands for
"release candidates of version 0.0.2). You can check
it
out to test unstable versions of MlView. It compiles
most of the time.

Then a couple of days/weeks after that, I will maybe
then make a snapshot of the development branch and
deliver an
unstable combo of tar + rpm to let you guys test the
new features i am working on. These new features
include settings management, validation, and
graphical error reporting.

Dodji.

]------------------------------------------------------
> # RPM .spec file for afternoonstalker

> Packager: ?
> Prefix: /usr
> BuildRoot:
> %{_tmppath}/%{name}-%{version}-%{release}-root
> Requires: libxml2 >= 2.4.3, gtk+ >= 1.2.10,
> gnome-libs >= 1.2.11
>
> %description
> MlView (Markup language Viewer) is a simple XML
> editor for GNOME.
>
> %prep
> %setup
>
> %build
> ./configure --prefix=%{prefix} && make
>
> %install
> rm -fR $RPM_BUILD_ROOT
> make DESTDIR=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT install
>
> # Install an entry in the GNOME Applications menu:
> mkdir -p
> $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/share/gnome/apps/Applications
> cat <<EOF
>
>$RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/share/gnome/apps/Applications/mlview.desktop
> [Desktop Entry]
> Name=MlView
> Comment=MlView - XML editor for GNOME
> Comment[fr]=MlView - Éditeur XML pour GNOME
> Exec=mlv
> Terminal=0
> Type=Application
> EOF
>
> %clean
> rm -fR $RPM_BUILD_ROOT
>
> %files
> %defattr(-, root, root)
> %{prefix}/bin/mlv
> %{prefix}/share/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/mlview.mo
> /usr/share/gnome/apps/Applications/mlview.desktop

=====
Dodji Seketeli.
===
 "Vous connaissez la différence entre un vendeur de voitures et un commercial
en informatique ?
Le vendeur de voitures sait conduire !"