[Mldonkey-users] [patch #6804] Small tweak to log incoming chat messages

From: Dennis Nezic
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] [patch #6804] Small tweak to log incoming chat messages with ip:port info
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 02:26:00 +0000

             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

Currently, when incoming chat messages are received, only the Ip address is
logged... so I made this tiny patch to also include the port number. Why?
Well, since incoming chatters aren't automatically included to our friends
list, we have to add them manually to be able to chat with them later
(otherwise the chat session will expire--or rather the client id-number will
expire*), and to do that we need their port number, which is not always the
default.

* Is there a way to preserve (ed2k) clients/peers (ie. as identified by the
Client number) longer, for those who send us (non-spam) messages? Adding them
as friends keeps them indefinitely, but should not have to be necessary--ie. I
just want to quickly chat with them, not necessarily give them higher priority
over my shares.

In the future, we should probably make an "Add as friend" button/link
somewhere in the messaging interface to make things easier, as it is already
done when you click on most Client numbers.

File Attachments:

Date: Fri 10 Apr 2009 10:25:57 PM EDT  Name:
message_log_include_ip_and_port.patch  Size: 1kB   By: dennisne

<http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/download.php?file_id=17901>

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?6804>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/