[Mldonkey-users] [patch #4551] OV/KAD: use kind like eMule does +misc bu

From: bogeyman
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] [patch #4551] OV/KAD: use kind like eMule does +misc bugfixes
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 10:18:32 +0000

             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open

Details:

After reading though eMules source i came up with this patch:
o use kind like eMule does:
 - better detection of dead peers
 - so we can ping less often
 - and can be sure these peers are alive
 - use ip:port from received pakets instead from the
   peer info
o use a weak Hashtbl for known_peers and remove search_known_peers
o we are removing all dead peers, in buckets and prebuckets,
  do not wonder, if you get less peers left ;o)
o do not send useless "Connect" pakets, Fillbucket really works
o every 30m file searchs were created twice.

There are really less peers than without this patch, maybe i'll have to tweak
how we fill buckets. But for now this works and produce less traffic.

Works well here, please test

File Attachments:

Date: Tue 10/25/05 at 10:18  Name: ov_use_kind-26.patch  Size: 34.06KB   By:
bogeyman