[Mldonkey-users] [patch #4337] improved upload scheduler

From: pango
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] [patch #4337] improved upload scheduler
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 01:06:24 +0200

             Assigned to: spiralvoice
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open

Details:

Changes :

* Send data earlier (don't wait for bandwidth "credit" before sending;
  instead, send, and wait for bandwidth credit to get positive again.
  TCP sockets, network card queues, etc. are there for buffering!)

* Try as much as possible to send 10kB packets (packet_size, below),
  increasing efficiency. Should be checked, specially with very slow
  (RTC) links.

* It tries to be more constant, by using both accurate timing and doing
  some streaming. It currently tries to send 2 10kB packets "ahead"
  (streaming_amount, below).

* I did my best to make new code as simple and as readable as possible.

Data is pushed more aggressively in output buffers, possibly unveiling
bugs in client_can_upload handlers that wouldn't consistently test
whether there's enough free space in socket before sending data.  That
patch should be tested, specially using the different network
supports.

It could also unveil bugs in output traffic management. I think
there's a potential problem with max_hard_upload_rate definition,
that is used for both overall outgoing TCP traffic limit
(upload_control) and outgoing payload rate target (payload_bandwidth),
theorically leaving to room for TCP overhead, p2p management traffic,
etc.

File Attachments:

Date: mar 23.08.2005 à 01:06  Name: better_upload_scheduler_v2.patch  Size:
11,89Ko   By: mlpango