Re: [Mldonkey-users] Is G2Gui dead?

From: Jörg Maisenbacher
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Is G2Gui dead?
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 19:47:27 +0200

Anders Norrbring wrote:
> I have (like many others) problems with G2Gui 0.3.0-pre1 that it dies on
> every attempt to do a search.
>
> Many has posted bug reports on the matter, but noone involved in the
> development seems to reply on them.  Is the project dead?
Hy,

This is no bug in g2gui. b8_bavard somehow introduced a strange bug in
the core (guiEncodeing.ml, line 226). it always sends 0 as
network-identifier, i'm just asking myself, why g2gui is the only gui,
that has problems with that bug...

See:
**SNAP guiEncodeing.ml***
let buf_result proto buf r =
   buf_int buf r.result_num;
   buf_int buf 0;             <== This is the bad guy
   buf_list buf buf_string r.result_names;
**SNAP**

b8_bavard is notified, an hopefully removes this strange bug. He told
me, he don't know why he changed this one... %)

Nevertheless i introduced a work-around in g2gui, if interested,
check-out our CVS, but please be aware, that you might have to update
your SWT.jar....

I packaged a windows-version, so that you can easily download this one from berlios:
http://download.berlios.de/mldonkey/g2gui-0.3.0-win32-jar.zip

It also contains a bugfix, so that you can use the starter g2gui.exe from paths that contain " ".

All the linux and mac-users might wait a little bit, or check-out CVS

greets Dek

g2gui development is not dead, but it has slowed down a bit, since we are all busy these days...

--
Dek <address@hidden>
   "There are only 10 types of people in the world: