Re: [Mldonkey-users] Paused d/l and memory leaks?

From: Pierre Etchemaite
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Paused d/l and memory leaks?
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 17:26:13 +0200

Le Wed, 31 Mar 2004 19:36:43 +0200, "Anders Norrbring"
<address@hidden> a écrit :

> I have MLNet 2.5-17 running on SuSE Linux 9.0

(FYI, 2.5-17 is marked "experimental" in the changelog; But the problems you
experience are older than that version).

> Every now and then I see downloads suddenly listed as "Paused", but no
> user interaction has occurred.

http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=8344

Someone in english forums also reported problems when the experimental
emulate_sparse_files option is enabled.

> Another problem is memory leaks (?) or whatever it is...

http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=8187

For me it started eating memory around the beginning of December. Before
that, it could run for over a month with an average memory usage of 50MB,
with peaks around 80MB.

> Can something be done, or should I just add a cron script to restart the
> sucker every night?

No better workaround for now, AFAIK.