[Mldonkey-users] segfault on BT file end

From: LordVyper
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] segfault on BT file end
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 19:08:30 -0000

Hello all

Has anyone experienced segfaults whenever a bittorrent download ends?

I am using the 16 January version, with the patch packet from spiralvoice
and without the 2247 patch, on Redhat 9. I don't believe it is connection
related (ie, due to the missing 2247 patch) because it happens the precise
moment the file should end (and move to downloaded status). It happens on
all bt files (although I only download multi-file torrents and haven't
checked on single file torrents).

The console does not give any helpful information, as it shows no specific
or special information prior to the segfault other than regular
connection/etc stuff (the regular).

Since the program never ends the downloads and thus never moves the files to
incoming, i have to move them manually after the crash. All information is
there, so there are no corrupted downloads, but its annoying to have to
restart the core every time a bt download ends.

By the way, if I restart the core without moving out the file and cancelling
them, the file goes back a few megs, ie, a file that had 100% download (all
bytes transferred) that made the core crash, would go back to 99% and be
missing a random(?) amount of data on restart - or at least, the gui told me
it was missing.

Strange thing is if I start an older core (any core from December), the same
files end without problems.

This crash happens regardless of me being connected at the time with any
gui/web interface or not.

I *could* go back to a previous core, but in all December cores I get very
low bt speed compared to the latest one (with or without 2247); this speed
difference is in the order of 10kbs with December cores to 200kbs with the
16 January core with spiralvoices patches. Also, with the December cores,
Bittorrent downloads stall on or near 99% for lots of time until they
finnaly end (wich some never do) or all seeders go away.

Peace,
Joao Correia