Re: [Mldonkey-users] which ports should I open for eDonkey to work?

From: Pierre Etchemaite
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] which ports should I open for eDonkey to work?
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 14:39:27 +0100

Le Thu, 08 Jan 2004 18:27:55 +0100, "Juan C. Gallardo" <address@hidden> a
écrit :

> >From what I could read in internet I have to open the port 4661 to
> connect to the servers and the 4662 to connect to other users

tcp/4662 and udp/4666 are standard *local* ports numbers for clients, but
tcp/4661 and udp/4665 and standard *remote* ports numbers for servers (both
from your point of view).

And even then, most servers nowadays to not use standard port numbers, so
filtering connections to servers on remote ports numbers is
impossible/harmful.