[Mldonkey-users] Using Objective-Caml 3.07

From: Malte Horst Arthur Skoruppa
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Using Objective-Caml 3.07
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 02:17:33 +0200

Hi,

I have Objective-Caml 3.07 installed, but when I try to configure, it tells
me:

fuchur:~/arc/mldonkey # ./configure

checking for ocamlc.opt... ocamlc.opt
checking for ocamlc... (cached) ocamlc.opt
i686-pc-linux-gnu
Testing ocaml version
Need build
checking for /root/arc/mldonkey/patches/local/bin/ocamlc.opt... no
checking for rpmbuild... no
checking for rpm... rpm
checking for wget... wget
********  Objective-Caml 3.06 is required  *********
*******  Check http://ocaml.inria.fr/  ********
Do you want this script to try to download and install ocaml
LOCALLY in mldonkey directory ?

...well I don't really feel like doing that. Why should mldonkey download and
install Objective Caml 3.06 (even if it's only locally), when I have
Objective Caml 3.07?

Are there so important differences between 3.06 and 3.07 that it doesn't work
with 3.07? Or does the configure script just assume that 3.06 is the newest
version and doesn't check if my version is newer than that?

I did not try to "hack" the config/configure.in script to have it accept my
version yet.

Also, I have LablGTK 2.2.0, not 1.2.4. But in this case, I assume there are
too big differences to make mldonkey work with LablGTK2, aren't there? Can I
use LablGTK 1.2.6 then, or am I also obliged to downgrade to 1.2.4?

Thanks,

Malte

--
Malte Skoruppa